Thursday, November 20, 2008

Glamorous Pink & Charcoal Sherman Rhinestone Jewelry






Back in September, I did a post on the rigid cuff bracelet that I have in my collection of Sherman jewelry. Today, I am going to talk about my other big splurge which is this exquisite pink with charcoal grey rhinestone brooch with matching clip earrings.

This brooch is the largest Sherman I have seen thus far.  It is super wide at a full 4" across and features the most beautiful large pink and charcoal marquise-shaped rhinestones. There is one tiny round cut pink rhinestone to fill in a gap in the design on the very top.  Typical of Sherman, no detail was ever too small to make the finished product perfect!  It is two layers high which creates depth and dimension when worn.

The matching clip style earrings feature the exact same stone colors in the same shapes with several more of the tiny pink ones.  They are also large being just under 1 1/2" from top to bottom when worn.

All pieces of this exquisite demi-parure are in excellent, unworn condition and clearly marked Sherman.

I purchased this set from a seller I had contacted through eBay and I knew at the time I was overpaying for it but it was one set I just couldn't resist.  I talked the seller down in price as low as she would go and ended up purchasing it for a price that was still too high.  No way to ever recoup but it wasn't purchased as an investment or to resell later but as part of a collection that is constantly changing.

Sometimes when you collect, you just have to bite the bullet and pay what a seller is asking when you love the design and know it will enhance your collection.  This was one of those times.  Luckily, most of my collection was purchased either well below or right around a fair price so to incorporate a couple of expensive pieces isn't such a big deal.

As I continue to add to my collection, other pieces are sold off to make room which gives all of you the opportunity to add new and exciting pieces to your own inventory. .




No comments: